Which tech is better for healthvault development - java or .net?

Dec 15, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Java healthvault has very limited resources [I didn't find much in the internet].

Moreover, the homepage of this site says, some of the functionalities are yet to be implemented in java [May I know the list of functionalities ready to use?], whereas all the functionalities were implemented in .net, microsoft and its forum says.

Which is better for developing healthvault application - java or .net? Can anyone explain about it, I need to report about this to my superior as early as possible!!

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2009 at 6:36 AM

There are many partners running their HealthVault applications on non .NET platforms.  There are a lot factors involved in choosing a language for a project.  Choosing which is "better" hinges on those factors. 

I wouldn't cast either library as having "all" features.  In this library you can access all methods and all types.  If there is something specific you want, ask for it...or write it and send it in.

HealthVault's API is open and well defined in XML.  Anybody can write to it any way they choose.  This library is one interpretation.