How to install java SDK

Dec 2, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I am .net developer, just entered into java. I used microsoft healthvault SDK in .net to work out samples. I have downloaded hv-sdk-1.0.zip from downloads tab in this site. When I unzipped, i see some .jar,. war files and meta-inf folder. How to install java SDK to access the healthvault using java?

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2009 at 6:38 AM
Edited Dec 3, 2009 at 6:43 AM

Your best bet is to download the source and follow the links on the Home Page beginning with Getting Started

The original SDK is on the trunk and labeled R1.0 in the source tree.  If you like reading code to discover how to do things, you can checkout the JAXB support on the JAXB branch. Thumb through the unit tests and sample app to discover the way things get done.

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Hi Rombay,

As you said, I downloaded zip file from http://healthvaultjavalib.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=35562, when i extracted i dont see any trunk folder. The unzipped folder contains:

META-INF folder and some jar files which are: commons-codec-1.3.jar, hv-jaxb-jaxb-SNAPSHOT.jar, hv-jaxb-jaxb-SNAPSHOT-javadoc.jar, hv-sdk-jaxb-SNAPSHOT.jar, hv-sdk-jaxb-SNAPSHOT-javadoc.jar,log4j-1.2.14.jar,weight-jaxb-ui-0.1-SNAPSHOT-javadoc.jar.

What can I do with this rombay? kindly guide me

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2009 at 7:26 AM
Edited Dec 3, 2009 at 7:28 AM

Click on the tab above marked "Source Code".  Download the source--codeplex has about 5 ways to do this, pick one.  Choose your branch.  Follow the guides on the home page,  Build the project, run the app, look at the code and see how things work.

At this point in time we are more of a source code distribution. Someday we'll have to bundle samples into the downloads.  Sorry its not there now so you'll have to read the sample app from the source. 

That said, if you take the war from the zip and install it in your servlet container you will have a working HealthVault app on your machine. 

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:00 AM

I downloaded "healthvaultjavalib-29628" form the "source code" tab. When I read the "readme.txt", it says about maven, so I downloaded the maven. when I run mvn 2.2.1 in command prompt, I got the following error: "cannot execute majo:resourcesm. It requires a project with an existing pom.xml, but the build is not using one". I realize the maven is out of the project foloder. How to make the maven to be inside the project, just copy and paste? or some tricks needs to be done, rombay? Kindly reply

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Rombay, FYI, I put the maven folder into the project "healthvaultjavalib-29628" and now typed "mvn install" in the command prompt. The build is successful.