Vital Signs versus other measurement types

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Edited Feb 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
I am not sure what types of measurements are supposed to go into vital signs. In an IHE HL7 CDA document the contents of the 'Vital Signs' section are clearly defined, and those measurements must be placed into that section. In the CDA the measurements that must go into that section are
  1. blood pressure,
  2. temperature,
  3. blood oxygen saturation,
  4. respiratory rate,
  5. and pulse rate.
In healthVault they have a vital signs code but they also have Blood pressure, Blood oxygen, and Heart rate codes. I have successfully sent data to healthvault putting both heart rate and blood oxygen as vital signs. Right now I am having difficultly submitting Blood pressure using the blood pressure code but that maybe due to the fact the message also has pulse rate in it as vital signs (which appears first in the put things method).

Does HealthVault have any restrictions on what may be placed into vital signs or are we free to place any measurement at all into that element that can be described by the xsd/schema?
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Edited Feb 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Hi Brian,

That type of question is best asked on the general HealthVault forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/healthvault/threads

I usually only try to answer the questions more specifically directed at this project.

Thanks,
Rob
Feb 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Okay, will do.