Query about GetUpdatedRecordsForApplicationRequest

May 3, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Hello,

I was trying to test the GetUpdatedRecordsForApplicationRequest using the following code :

SimpleRequestTemplate requestTemplate1 = new SimpleRequestTemplate(
                ConnectionFactory.getConnection());

GetUpdatedRecordsForApplicationResponse response =
            (GetUpdatedRecordsForApplicationResponse)requestTemplate1.makeRequest(
                new GetUpdatedRecordsForApplicationRequest());

System.out.println(response);

The problem is that the response is null... what am I doing wrong here.

Thanks,

Amit Goyal

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Hi Amit,

GetUpdatedRecordsResponse was annotated with an incorrect namespace.  I uploaded a fix.  If you download the latest from source you will get the update.  I'll issue a fix to the download package in the next couple of days.

--Rob

May 4, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Hello Rob,

I downloaded the change set healthvaultjavalib-77285. Extracted the zip file and went to \healthvaultjavalib-77285\tags\R1.2 and did mvn install.... This threw me with some errors that it could not find javax.xml.bind.annotation so I went to \healthvaultjavalib-77285\tags\R1.2\hv-jaxb and edited the pom,.xml and added the dependency :

<dependency>
        <groupId>javax.xml.bind</groupId>
        <artifactId>jaxb-api</artifactId>
        <version>2.2</version>
    </dependency>

Then again went to \healthvaultjavalib-77285\tags\R1.2 and did mvn install. This time it complained while running tests and I added dependency in  \healthvaultjavalib-77285\tags\R1.2\hv-jaxb pom.xml:

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.sun.xml.bind</groupId>
    <artifactId>jaxb-impl</artifactId>
    <version>2.2.2</version>
    </dependency>

Again did mvn install it was successfull but when I did mvn javadoc:javadoc there was error again . It said :

The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javdoc-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found.

when i did mvn eclipse:eclipse it was successful.

Please Tell me that I have to do this all the time and how to resolve mvn javadoc issue

Thanks,

Amit Goyal

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 9:22 AM
Edited May 4, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Hi Amit,

The build infrastructure is tested with maven 2.2.x, on mac, linux and windows.  I suspect you are using a 3.x version of maven.  I haven't tried it yet so I can't be certain.

You are missing the jaxb implementation.  The 1.6+ JDK ships with a jaxb implementation.  Be sure your JAVA_HOME variable points to the right JDK and you should not have to add any dependencies. 

The changes I checked in are on the trunk.  When I push them out in a point release, I'll tag them.

It looks like I need to state the system requirements more clearly.  Maven has progressed while I wasn't looking to 3.x and this project isn't quite ready for it.  I haven't tested JAXB on anything but 1.6+ JDK.

--Rob