Getting First Name, Last Name, and Gender

Feb 16, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Rob,

I saw a posting on MSDN HealthVault Forum about retrieving the first name, last name, and gender information - and I just wanted to follow up.

The GetPersonInfo method returns a Full Name and no Gender. So I cannot retrieve first name, last name, or gender from this.

The BasicDemographicInfo returns gender - but no name details.

The PersonalDemographicInfo does return all the information requested - but it has much more information such as SSN, DOB - which is more personal and secure and our application would ideally like to avoid.

We are not storing any of this information retrieved from HealthVault but is available for user to check if he/she is connecting to the right record in HealthVault.

What would you recommend as the way to retrieve the first name, last name and gender information.

Please advise.

Thanks

Shyam

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Edited Feb 17, 2011 at 5:35 AM

This is probably best posted at the MSDN forum. 

We need to be clear on a couple of concepts, however.  There is a distinction between the user interacting with the system and which person's information is in a record.  If I am looking at your record, your application would see "Rob May" via GetPersonInfo--I am the user.  However the things in your record will relate to you and its Personal Demographic Information will have your name, SSN, DOB, etc. 

--Rob

Feb 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM

I have posted it in the MSDN forum as well. Here is a link.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/healthvault/thread/abacf6bf-b1ee-445c-8b96-a38e166f62c7