CCR/CCD - using JDK

Dec 8, 2010 at 6:45 PM
Hi Robmay,

I just wanted to find out if you would be able to get back to us on this question (also posted in the discussions forum) asap.

In our application, we are looking to export all data that is available in MS HealthVault in CCR/CCD data format. Unfortunately, when i set the filter to obtain CCR/CCD information, I receive the CCR/CCD documents that have been uploaded to the MS HealthVault Shell and not the data in the MS HealthVault in CCR/CCD format.

Is there someway in which I could convert MS HV Things to the CCR/CCD format?

This is a kind of urgent - since Design decisions are pending based on this feature. Hope you can get back to me ASAP.

Thanks.

Shyam

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2010 at 9:26 AM
Edited Dec 14, 2010 at 9:28 AM

You can export things in CCR or CCD format using the final-xsl element in the request. 

Well...I just added support for that with the latest check-in.  I haven't bundled up a release yet so you can download the head of the source tree.  There is a jaxb unit test for it under GetThings. 

You won't be able to use the SimpleRequestTemplate to get the results.  It's purpose is to marshal the response into the expected response format.  Transforming the response changes the format into something the template isn't expecting.  You will either have to use the raw XML interface or write your own RequestTemplate--should be easy.  I haven't put any thought into a good way to support transforms yet.  If you have any ideas, shoot them my way.  Shouldn't be too difficult, however. 

Request request = new Request();

request.setFinalXsl("toccd");   // to export results as CCD

request.setFinalXsl("toccr");  // to export results as CCR

--Rob

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:20 PM
Edited Dec 14, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Rob,

I tried to download the latest version from the tree - and I received the following error. Can you please let me know if I am doing something incorrectly ?

I am going to download the zip file and build it using maven instead.

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.  svn: Can't move 'C:\BCBSFL\workspace\Guidewell\hv-source\hv-jaxb\src\main\resources\.svn\tmp\entries' to 'C:\BCBSFL\workspace\Guidewell\hv-source\hv-jaxb\src\main\resources\.svn\entries': The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.  

Please let me know when you get a chance.

Thanks

Shyam

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I'm not sure what that's about.  I use subversion to download the code.  I just tested it and it worked fine for me.

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Not sure what the problem is - I tried to update my workspace and I receive the same error for a different source entry. BTW - I was able to download the ZIP file and run the CCR format export - and it works GREAT. Thanks for the fix.

A couple of things about transformations ...

1. Looks like there might be some opensource transform capabilities available from Mirth. There might be others. Not sure. Will we be able to use any of these capabilities? Any suggestions? Transforming the entire XML (both ways) is something that I am not sure if our project is scoped for and would be a tough sell :-).

2. The other question is - if we can use CCR to update MS HealthVault OFFLINE? Our application could have nightly updates to MS HV. In this case, will the user forced to reconcile upon login to MS HV? If the user reconciliation process is not complete - will the new/updated/deleted records be returned from MS HV?

Thanks so much for your quick responses Rob - especially given that you are on vacation. I appreciate it.