Following up on the delete part of my question ... Let me describe the scenario to you.
1. User creates Record 1, Record 2, and Record 3 (using our application or using MS HV and/or partner applications).
2. Our application is synchronized with the R1, R2 and R3 on Mon (12.13.2010).
3. User access MS HV or external application and does the following (on 12.14.2010)
a. Modifies R1 (edits the values here in some manner)
b. Deletes R2
4. Our application uses GetUpdatedRecordsForApplication and requests for all records modified after 12.13.2010
5. MS HV will return only R1 (since R2 is deleted - as far as I understand this will not be returned).
Our application is now out of sync - since there is no indication that R2 has been deleted. In order to find out if there are any deleted records, a separate call needs to be made to get all Things and compare - to identify the deleted records and update
our application accordingly.
Isn't this how MS HV works - or am I misinformed here?
Hope you can clarify this when you get a chance.