Authenticate with HV using Java

Nov 2, 2010 at 5:15 AM
Edited Nov 2, 2010 at 5:47 AM

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there is any solution that allows an application written in Java to retrieve personIds and recordIds from an HV account using HV username and password?

My scenario is:

1. A user registered with HV using his/her Live ID (account@live.com, for example).
  2. HV provided an HV account for him/her (with username/password).
  3. This user would like to log-in to the HV system using his/her Live ID (username/password) and retrieve all personIds and recordIds from his/her HV account.

Any help would be appreciate.

Neo

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2010 at 6:37 AM

Hi Neotran,

I'm not sure I follow your scenario.  Do you want the user to submit their LiveId username and password to your application?

HealthVault is agnostic to the authentication scheme.  Currently, HealthVault can use LiveId or some OpenId providers.  It doesn't store LiveId usernames/passwords.  The user *must* sign-in using whatever mechanisam (LiveId...etc).  The result of the authentication is passed to HealthVault.  If successful, HealthVault then returns to your application an authentication token valid only for your application and the authenticating user. 

Once you have an authentication token, you can make a GetPersonInfo request.  The GetPersonInfo response contains the HV person-id and any authorized record-ids. 

There are two example applications in the download demonstrating how to do this.

--Rob