Error while running from eclipse environment

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:51 AM

When I run the healthvaultjavalib from eclipse environment, I got the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java .lang.error:unresolved compilation problems:

server cannot resolved to a type

soketconnector cannot be resolved to a type

connector cannot be resolved to a type

webappcontext cannot be resolved to a type at com.microsoft.hsg.application.start.main(start.java:16)

How to resolve the above error?

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:32 PM
Edited Dec 7, 2009 at 8:33 PM

hi there -

Can you detail the steps you followed while running the Java application from eclipse?

The steps detailed at -
http://healthvaultjavalib.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Getting%20Started&referringTitle=Home

If you followed these steps, then most likely your configuation requires your proxy settings.

regards,
Vaibhav

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Thanks 4 ur reply. I followed the steps, I dont understand the below one:

"In Project-->Properties-->Build Path, configure the M2_REPO variable to point at your maven repository. This is probably in <user_home>/.m2/repository. If you miss or skip this step, eclipse will complain that it cannot find its dependencies."

I have imported the project, and I do not know how to configure the above step. Kindly guide me.

Apart from this, When I run the project my eclipse environment[version 3.3.0] I am  getting this error: "Error exists in required project: jwildcat-ui." But when I type http://localhost:8080/jwildcat-ui in my browser am able to login to the healthvault!!!

Kindly do the needful...

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Are you using Maven to manage your build?  It looks like the steps above help Eclipse find the project source code at run time.  M2_REPO appears to be intended to tell the build process where to find your source code ... so if it isn't set then I could see why Eclipse can't find the source and tells you that an error occurred.  If you are indeed using Maven then you should be able to track down where your source code repository is.  If you are not using Maven, then, ... I'd look at the other parameters in the Build Path config window and see what else might need to be set in order to help Eclipse find your code.

-Chris