Linking Applications in the Java SDK

Dec 31, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Edited Dec 31, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Rob,

You appear to be the genius behind the Healthvault Java SDK. I have used it for a modified SODA implementation. Its been more than a year so I am a little rusty, but I was wondering if there is also support for Linking Applications? The idea in this case is that patients send their data to a central application in a standardized manner (Continua) and the central application converts and sends the data to the various PHR on HealthVault. Each user has authorized the central application to access their PHR.

Thanks for any info!

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Hi Brian,

Yes, this model is no problem.  If your central application has a user interface, that application can redirect users to HealthVault to obtain authorization.  If your central application does not have a user interface, then a patient-connect model is appropriate.  Either way, the end result is that the central application stores the person-id/record-id combo.  All future calls will use "offline" access (without a user-token).

--Rob

Jan 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Thanks Rob,

The first option is exactly what I want! But as I pointed out in another response (and I am still not getting email notifications!) I don't see any setter for the personId in the Request class, just the user-auth-token and recordId.

Coordinator
Jan 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Yeah, it's not totally obvious in the way I wrote the Request class.  My bad.

A valid request for record information should contain one of the following combinations:

• RecordId and UserAuthToken    

OR

• RecordId and OfflinePersonId

The unit tests all use "offline" access--with an OfflinePersonId.  The UI examples all use "online" access-with a UserAuthToken.

Offline access and Online access are separate permission set configurations for your application.  You can see them both in the Config Center for HealthVault.

--Rob