Missing Thing types in HealthVault JAXB package

Jun 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Hi Rob,

I noticed that there are some new default HealthVault thing types that are not in the JAXB project - I noticed these two particularly:

1)  com.microsoft.wc.thing.health-event

<type-id>1572af76-1653-4c39-9683-9f9ca6584ba3</type-id>
<type-name>Health Event</type-name>
<summary>Represents a health event.</summary>

2)  com.microsoft.wc.thing.health-journal-entry

<type-id>21d75546-8717-4deb-8b17-a57f48917790</type-id>
<type-name>HealthJournalEntry</type-name>
<summary>Information related to a health journal entry.</summary>

Is there any chance for these to get added to the library?

Thanks,

Anthony

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Hi Anthony,

Those came out with the latest update to the HealthVault site.  I'll see what I can do to publish them.  Are you working on a project that needs them, or are you just curious?

--Rob

Jun 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Hi Rob,

I'm working on a project that needs the health journal entry.  Currently, I've created a HealthJournalEntry class locally, along with the entry for the type-id in the TypeManager.  It would be nice if it got rolled into an official release so I wouldn't have to manage versions of the HV library locally.  Along those lines, I also logged an issue that deals with an incorrect PeakFlow type id in the TypeManager.

Let me know if it is possible to publish them because it would make life a little easier for us and others down the road...

Thanks,

Anthony

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Hi Anthony,

Yes, it's possible.  I'll see what I can do.  What's your time frame?  ASAP?  :-)

Thanks for the heads up about PeakFlow.  I'll get that in at the same time.

--Rob

Jun 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Thanks Rob.  That's great :)

Yeah, I guess the time frame is always ASAP, but my code is working with my local version of Health Journal Entry and fixes to the TypeManager.  It'd be nice to have something more "official" by the time we want to code freeze in August or so.

Thanks again,

Anthony

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Hi Anthony,

August isn't a problem.  When I free up some time soon, I'll get those changes in.

--Rob