Missing Code - HealthVaultJavaLib-17032/sdk/src/<empty> code?

May 28, 2008 at 6:44 PM
Anyone help?  After downloading ChangeSet 17032, the zip doesn't contain any code under /sdk/src.  I would rather not try to browse and copy all the code into my own source copy.

thanks,
chad.
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2008 at 8:17 PM
Edited Jun 5, 2008 at 8:17 PM
The zip seems to be complete when I download it.  Have any others experienced this? 

There is now a new changelist uploaded, you can try that one now.

Thanks,
Rob
Jun 5, 2008 at 10:47 PM
Thanks for the response Rob.  Not sure what to think -very odd.  I tried the new changelist and the sdk/src was still empty when I used the archive utility built into Mac OSX?   When I go to my Vista and use it's archive utility all is well.  I'll just need to grab using a non OSX zip utility. 

thanks again,
chad.
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2008 at 5:21 PM
You can try java's archive tool.  It uses the zip format: 

jar xvf HealthVaultJavaLib-*.zip

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/windows/jar.html

Jun 6, 2008 at 7:11 PM
That's in fact what I ended up doing - thanks.  I'm all good now, up and running against pre-prod env with the Java library.

chad.
Dec 10, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Hi csmall,

Did you use all the data types [allergy, immunization, ccd, ccr, and many more...] in ur implementation? I stuck up with weight data itself[not able to insert into healthvault ppe]. How did you achieve this using java healthvault sdk?

Dec 22, 2009 at 10:11 PM

This Java SDK for HealthVault only has wrappers for a subset of the available data types, so csmall probably followed one of two approaches:

• work with the data that HealthVault returned as XML documents
  • write his own wrapper classes in Java and write deserialize/serialize functions as needed

The latter approach is a bit more comprehensive and adds value for future revisions ... but the former approach may be more pragmatic depending on the scope of your efforts.

-Chris

Dec 22, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Update: the wrappers for 80 HealthVault data types have already been added to this project.  See this thread for more info: http://healthvaultjavalib.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=77074